For Quantity Surveyors
Inno-Therm®/Métisse® is a brilliant, eco-friendly insulation product at a reasonable price, saving you time and labour costs in installation. It has all the required testing to meet UK and European standards.
- European Technical Approval Standards Métisse® Relais composition squareness density absorption strength airflow fire biological additives marking. SPECIAL NOTE: The insulation is now made of 85% recycled cotton/denim. There is no longer a mix of acrylic-synthetic fibres with wool fibres in the insulation.
- CE mark approved.
- European classification for the reaction to fire behaviour of building products
- Euroclass Rapport dessais B S1d0 10.201 0 – Crépim – à Transmettre pour ERP
- Euroclasse E RT mars 2013
- The reaction to fire of the product is determined according to EN 1350-1. The fire rating is E.
- When the insulation is placed behind a facing (plasterboard or in particular Fermacell Gypsum – BA 13 in France) the fire rating is B. (The English translation works in the Chrome browser but may have issues in other browsers. We are working to improve compatibility. Please download and use the Chrome browser if necessary.)
If you are looking to increase building fabric thermal efficiency while keeping to budget, being compliant to part L of the building regulations and have a client that requires a low environmental impact for a building, using INNO-THERM in the construction design phase can be a cost-effect way to decrease heating and cooing bills as well as having no ongoing maintenance and renewal costs.
Optimum design of the building fabric can minimize potential heating and cooling requirements, and because space heating is such a major expense, increasing the building fabric thermal efficiency will have a major impact on your bottom line.
Full specifications are available so you can be sure your project needs are met.
The Product information page gives details of the product variations that are available.
Recent study confirms that the environmental impact of Inno-Therm®/Métisse® is less than mineral wool
Abstract: The overall aim of research in 2015 was to investigate the environmental impacts of the supply chains of Inno-Therm®/Métisse® and a mineral wool insulation material. The results of the research indicated that Inno-Therm®/Métisse® exhibits lower total carbon emissions within its production life cycle compared to a mineral wool insulation material.
 Dissertation submitted in 2015, in part requirement for the Degree of MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management of the University of Sheffield by Muhammad Haneef Abdul Nasi
David Garlovsky presented a paper: “A SENSIBLE APPROACH TO LOW CARBON AND HEALTHY BUILDINGS” on 17th September at the International Conference on Sustainable, Ecological, Engineering Design for Society at Leeds Beckett.
AECB Conference 2016
David Garlovsky exhibited at the AECB and gave a talk: “The challenge to specify a low carbon insulation in building construction: New build and refurbishment”. In addition, he conducted a model solar car activity for delegates on Saturday afternoon.
Accredited Construction Details (ACD)
ACDs have been developed to assist the construction industry achieve the performance standards required to demonstrate compliance with the energy efficiency requirements (Part L) of the Building Regulations.
See Accredited Construction Details for Part L on the Planning Portal